In the Soldering course, we discuss hand soldering, one of the most important skill in electronics. It starts with a theory in solder, and soldering. You will learn soldering passive components, transistors, and pin headers. During the course, you will solder a circuit, which you can bring back to home with you.
The course does not include programming microcomputer. If you want to learn programming with microcomputer, join Blink course.
After successful completion of the course assignment, you will receive Soldering badge.
The class takes 2 hours including a 10 minutes break.
The course is suitable for anyone who are interested in electronics, IoT, and microcomputer programming with no experience in the past.
Participants must be over 14 years.
Participants under 18 must attend the class with the parent or the guardian.
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- be able to apply safe practices associated with the soldering process
- understand characteristics of solder and materials
- be able to correctly solder basic components, such as passives, pin headers, and sockets
- be able to correctly de-solder components
In the course, the following materials are used.
- Soldering iron
- Solder sucker
- De-soldering wick
- Universal PCB board
- A color LED
- A microcomputer
- A Micro USB female DIP adaptor
- A Micro USB cable
- A tact switch
- Protective glasses
All materials are provided.
Topics covered in the course
- Solder and soldering theory
- Different type of solders
- Hazards and risks
Participants will demonstrate their achievements by creating a working circuit.
Minimum and maximum participants